NZHPA Membership Benefits
The New Zealand Hospital Pharmacy Association is the only pharmacy organisation in New Zealand with the sole focus of supporting the hospital pharmacy workforce. Membership is open to pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy interns, pharmacy undergraduate students, pharmacy technician students as well as others who espouse the objectives of the association.
Full membership benefits include:
- Discounted rates of attendance at NZHPA educational events including the Annual Conference and SIG Symposia
- Access to joining Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and Special Interest Networks (SINs), connecting you to a network of peers
- Advocacy on behalf of all members for issues related to hospital pharmacy practice
- Ability to give input into consultations from key stakeholders and national healthcare organisations
- Real-time answers to practice questions and sharing of resources via chat groups.
- Access to financial grants and awards to support continuing professional development
- Access to resources such as NZHPA Career Framework and NZHPA Clinical Standards
- Regular membership communication
- Voting rights at NZHPA AGM
Leadership opportunities within the National Executive, SIGs, SINs and working groups
See information on Membership types below banner...
Types of NZHPA Membership
Any Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician who espouses the objectives of the Association
A member with 15 years’ experience in hospital pharmacy or clinical pharmacy practice may on application be admitted as a Fellow where in the opinion of the Executive this is merited. Application in writing must be made to the Secretary.
A member who has ceased active pharmacy practice and who in the opinion of the Executive has deemed to have given exceptional service to the Association shall be granted life membership
A Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician who is non-practicing or overseas, or a non-pharmacist or non-pharmacy technician who espouses the objectives of the Association may be admitted as an Associate Member at the discretion of the Executive.
May be elected by the Executive from among individuals other than pharmacists who, by their work in the health service, the teaching of prospective clinical pharmacists, or otherwise by having contributed to the advancement of hospital pharmacy or clinical pharmacy practice, merit such election
NZ Pharmacy Interns with a current APC
Undergraduate BPharm students and pharmacy technician students in New Zealand.
An organisation, which has an association with, or an interest in hospital pharmacy or clinical pharmacy practice, at the discretion of the Executive.